As of March 2015, there are few agencies licensed to work in Brazil.
Children Available for Adoption from Brazil: ·
- Younger children with minor to moderate medical conditions·
- School age children up to age 15, with the majority between 7-15 years of age, male and female, from healthy to those with minor to moderate medical conditions,·
- Sibling groups of any age who are basically healthy
- Couples who have been married for 2 years
- Single applications judged on a case by case basis
- Parents must be at least 25 years of age and at least 16 years older than the child they hope to adopt
- Other children in the home, both biological and adopted, are acceptable.
- Parents will travel to Brazil, stay in an apartment for 5-6 weeks with their child/ren in the city in which the child resides.
- The adoption is finalized in Brazil.
Timeline: Unknown at this time.