Thailand has a small Hague-adoption program, offering a rich culture with strong heritage and traditions. The very few Adoption Service Providers (agencies) working with Thailand have programs. The primary goal is always to re-unite children with their original families or extended kinship. When that is not possible, children may be available for intercountry adoption. USA agencies working with Thailand authorities are very few, but their programs are solid, trusted, and established.
Children Available for Adoption from Thailand: Healthy and special needs children, many with minor, correctable conditions, ages 15 months to 15 years are available.
- Married couples with or without children may apply
- Single women may apply
- "Older" parents may apply for children who are also considered "older"
- Both parents must be at least twenty-five years old with a total of no more than two divorces between them.
- Married a minimum of 1 year
- While there is no upper age limit per se, applicants over age 50 must be pre-approved, and applicants over 55 are discouraged.
- Families with a history of anxiety or depression may apply
Travel: Both parents are required to travel to complete the adoption process. Parents must be prepared to stay approximately 20 days
Timeline: Application through placement is approximately 12-18 months.