As of March 2015, there are only a few adoption agencies licensed to work in Albania.
Children Available for Adoption from Albania: ·
- Younger children with minor to moderate medical conditions·
- School age children up to age 15, with the majority between 7-15 years of age, male and female, from healthy to those with minor to moderate medical conditions
- Sibling groups of any age who are basically healthy
- Couples who have been married for 2 years
- Single applications
- Parents must be at least 25 years of age and at least 16 years older than the child they hope to adopt
- Other children in the home, both biological and adopted, are acceptable.
- Parents will need to travel to Albania to complete the adoption of their child.
- The adoption is finalized in Albania.
Timeline: Unknown at this time.