Adoption Story: Changing Paths From Ethiopia to India
All Adoption Stories
Colombia's Children: So Much Love to Share
Georgia, not the state, but the beautiful country of Georgia has a unique and ancient cultural heritage, and is famed for its traditions of hospitality and cuisine. The relationship between the US and Georgia has been a positive one since Georgia’s independence after the fall of the Soviet Union. Located at the merging border between Europe and Asia, Georgians do not fit into any of the main ethnic categories of Europe or Asia. Although a small country, the number of adoptions processed are growing.
Here are some positive reasons to adopt from Georgia:
1) Referral times can be relatively short. We typically see referrals coming anywhere from 6-18 months. This can depend on the age range and needs you are open to. As with majority of other countries, the wait for a girl is going to be on the upper end of the time frame. But this time frame altogether is a shorter wait time than many other Eastern European programs.
2) Children who are able to be adopted internationally are either younger children with special needs or older children who are usually physically healthy. The special needs we see are often more medically correctable needs, limb differences, or minor delays.
3) Both married couples and single women can adopt from Georgia.
4) The children are usually well taken care of, both in the orphanages and in foster homes. We see less effects of institutionalization on children from Georgia.
5) Georgia is a beautiful country with rich history and culture. All of our families who have traveled to Georgia have enjoyed their in-country experience. Georgia requires one trip that generally lasts about 3 weeks. This allows you to soak up your child’s heritage and take as much back home with you as possible!
Children's House International (CHI) is a non- profit international adoption agency, licensed since 1975 and fully COA Hague accredited. CHI is proud to offer domestic and international home study services! CHI is dedicated to serving adoptive families, with programs in 12 countries worldwide. We work in Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Georgia, Honduras, H...Learn more, see kids, or contact agency 506 Grover St. #115 Washington
How much will it cost? How long will it take? Can I fail?
Adoption Day from One Adoptive Family's View
Help that First Visit Go Well
Adopting from Dominican Republic
Top Tips for the Journey Home
Colombian American families Adopting
If you are considering adopting a child with Down Syndrome, do not be afraid of the what ifs.
Process and Timeline