Children are available for adoption in the Philippines for a number of reasons that include poverty, poor health and the stigma associated with being born out of wedlock. Children available for adoption from the Philippines remain in orphanages until they are place with an adoptive family. The following options are available:
- Healthy children 2-15 years old. (Ages 9-15 for single applicants).
- Sibling groups of two or more; all ages
- Children of all ages with special needs
Couples married three years or more may apply; Singles may apply for children age 9 or older. Minimum parent age is 27. Parents must be at least 15 years older than the child to be adopted but not more than 45 years older than the child to be adopted. There are no family size requirements.
1. The travel portion to adopt from the Philippines is relatively short compared to other international adoption programs. Travel typically may be completed in less than a week.
2. The process is fairly routine and simple compared to most countries.
3. Once a family is about two thirds of the way through their dossier they can begin looking at waiting children .
4 The Philippines is a great place for single woman to adopt .
5. There are many children waiting , and several sibling groups all longing for you to bring them home.
Learn more about adopting from the Philippines. Contact Adoption Agencies with programs in the Philippines
This article was contributed by Children of All Nations, an adoption agency will several country programs, including the Philippines.
Great Wall China Adoption is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Austin, Texas. Since 1996, Great Wall has placed more than 8,000 children with forever families. Between the headquarters located in Austin, Texas and the sister office in Beijing, China, we work on behalf of families each day to be experts at exceeding China’s requirements and adoptive families’ expectations by staying updated on aspects of China adoption.