Have You Ever Started a Conversation About Race?
All Adoption Stories
The Soul of an Adoption Fundraiser
1. Adopting siblings is not double the cost. There are several areas that fees will be double but many that won't. If you are considering adopting more than one child it is still a financially reasonable adoption option to consider.
2. You are helping multiple children find a new beginning.
3. The children will feel less alone in the process and can lean on each other for support.
4. Children are able to maintain their "roles" in birth order, which is a benefit in their identity formation.
5. It allows children to see a familiar face and hear their own language, thus there is less difficulty for them in the transition process.
6. You give and receive twice or three times the love than when you adopt just one child. More love to go around is always better!
What to Expect
When adopting a sibling group your family needs to consider the investment that is required. More time is needed to spend with more children (playtime, doctor visits, extra-curriculars, etc). There are more resources needed to care for multiple children. The siblings share a strong bond already, so it may take longer to bond with parents or other children in the home.
Great Wall China Adoption is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Austin,Texas. Since 1996, Great Wall has assisted the Chinese government in placing more than 8,000 children with forever families. Between the headquarters located in Austin, Texas and the sister office in Beijing, China, we work on behalf of families each day to be experts at exceeding China’s requi...Learn more, see kids, or contact agency 248 Addie Roy Road, Suite A102 Texas
The basics for being your child's advocate in the school
Tobin gives his son an assignment: write down 10 things you'd like to say to your birth mother
Adoptive family travels to Mexico
A worldwide village is working to find Benjamin a family!
The steps for adopting from Burkina Faso are outlined
It is time to put on your student advocate hat and work with the school for what is best for your child
Asian Adult Adoptees of Washington has grown into a community of support in the Pacific Northwest