Building a website is easy. RainbowKids has gone through many re-workings over the last 17 years online. Our philosophy always revolves around the idea that we work for the CHILDREN we are trying to place...not the agencies we partner with, or the families that visit our site to learn more about adoption. Everything always needs to be about the children who wait.
Over this nearly 2 decades of advocacy, we've learned that by sharing this philosphy, by really putting our passion for waiting children "out there", at the forefront of everything we do, we touch lives and make a difference. Along the way, many families, thousands of whom have found their children through RainbowKids, have asked what they can do to help.
And here is the answer: You can Make the DIfference.
We need passionate volunteers who want to build something bigger, better, and more innovative. RainbowKids is currently going through a complete re-build, and we are putting new areas in place to guide and assist families who are getting started in adoption. To many people give up because the process seems overwhelming, too expensive, confusing, and without a clear path to follow. We need to give them that clear path.
Our idea is to network with inviduals, organizations, humanitarian groups...anyone who is passionate about orphans. We need to unite.
We are specifically looking for adoptive parents, or those in the process, who want to do the tedious work of bringing together this network. The first step would be to take a look at the new areas we wish to develop, and find one that looks interesting:
- Hosting Area: Gathering all information on agencies and groups who have child-hosting programs that work with orphanages. These programs bring older children to the USA for cultural experiences. Many of the children become matched with familes and go on to be adopted. We need to centralize a listing of these programs so that more families and older children have the opportunity to be matched.
- Special Needs Network: Gather contacts, websites, and adoption forums that work with specific special needs. These groups will be networked into our system.
- Country Specific Network: Know all of the best websites, blogs, FB Pages and forums for a specific country? Help other families find them by putting together a comprehensive list.
- Adoption Stories: Reaching out to families and bloggers, gathering the stories of adoption of children with special needs, who are older, and from different countries.
- Humanitarian aid listing: Whether it's mission trips, child sponsorships, or medical fundraising for orphans, we want to build a comprehensive area listing all groups aiding orphans.
- Culture Camps & Birthland tours: Build a comprehensive listing of offerings throughout the USA and in other countries.
- Fundraising Area: Are you the Queen of Frugal? Struggled to find way to finance your adoption? We need to help families realize that this can be done by building a guide to fundraising and financing an adoption
Please contact TheWaitingChild@Gmail if you have ideas, time, and the passion to help children find their way home.